Monday, May 17, 2010

Day Three: Favorite Musician

My freshmen year of High school i discovered a band called Blink-182. They have changed my life so much. They were my first concert, i don't count Backstreet Boys.
Each of their cds reminds me of certain times in my life. The songs weren't the most serious or life changing. They were fun and often immature.
A few years ago i was in a car accident with my friends. It was raining and dark. We were all scared and sitting in the back of the police car waiting for a ride. The police car sounds bad. We weren't in trouble, just staying out of the rain.
He tried to make conversation and asked what we had bought at the mall we had been coming from. I mentioned a cd and he asked if i liked Blink. I said i loved them. He then put them on his stereo and it brought me to tears.
My favorite memeber, and musician, is Tom Delonge. He is one of my role models. After the breakup of Blink 182 and formed a band called Angels and Airwaves. The songs all have inspirational meanings. He has matured and so has his music. His lyrics always give me hope in my lowest moods.
Two years ago i actually got to meet him. I was so starstruck. i was talking so fast, telling him he's my hero and how his songs mean a lot to me. He had to keep walking because his guards were pushing him but he stopped and took my camera and took our picture. Thank god i have the picture because sometimes it doesn't feel real, like i really met him. By far one of the best days of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment